The Chatty App Studio allows you to rapidly mobile enable your SaaS applications in six easy steps:
- Describe ChatData: The Chatty Apps Studio allows you to quickly, easily and graphically describe the data that will be used or collected by your application. You can use the Data Editor of the Studio to create a data model incorporating all types of data. Based on flexibility and standardization of XML, but without its complexity, the Data Editor allows you to either use pre-defined variable types such as Integer, Double and Boolean, or define your own complex types. This gives you great flexibility in describing your data structure. You can also specify the initial values of variables.
One of the most powerful features of Chatty Apps is a built-in Formula Engine that allows you to perform calculations on the data which is a very common requirement in many applications. You no longer have to rely on programming if your application needs to perform calculations on the data entered by the user. This not only saves development time but also enables you to deploy rich, Web-based applications.
- Create ChatRules: After describing the data that will be used by your Chatty App you can define the rules it will use. The Chatty Apps Rules Editor allows you to graphically define your rules. Inputs to the rules are your data variables, other rules and constants. The Rules Editor allows you to easily define complex rules which can then be used by the Chatty App to provide intelligent, context and data-sensitive apps and user interfaces for smart user experience.
- Configure ChatActions: You can quickly configure standard actions you want the app to invoke. Actions are either instructions to activate a step in a flow, which are built-in and do not require you to do anything, or calls to Web Services to read/write data from databases or other applications. The Chatty Apps Actions Editor allows you to graphically configure your actions, name and save them so that they can be used anywhere in the flows.
- Make ChatFlows: You can use the Chatty Apps Flow Editor to easily and graphically make a flow chart for any number of smartphone devices that you want to support. Each flow can have user steps where users enter information in to ChatBites, systems steps where actions are executed based on rules and these Actions allow you to read/write information from Web Services of your choice, and Gateway steps that change the path of the flow based on the evaluation of Rules that you have defined.
- Design ChatBites: Now you can select any user step in the flow and see the image of the smartphone.You can now graphically design the ChatBite, or the electronic form. for the step and link the controls in the ChatBite to variables in your Data. It is easy and simple to make ChatBites and they are automatically presented as HTML.
- Test the Chatty App: After you have created your Chatty App you can start testing it as soon as you save it. Simply point your smartphone browser to a URL and you can start testing the behavior of your Chatty App.
After you have completed these six steps you are ready to publish your app and let your users start using it.